Monday 28 January 2013

Review: Ford Focus, Fight For Freedom

The Ford Focus

Intro - A brief introduction, size classification, 3 or 5 doors.

 

It's compact car, that means a big one for European standard and a medium car for US standard.
It's one of the most best selling models of the auto-maker Ford and for what I know it's the most commons C-segment in Europe; at least I have to clean a lot of them.
Not easy to park as most of the are station wagons they are a five doors car for five passengers.


Space - How big is big? I'll try to give a good measure with my body. I'm 180cm for 95kg (5,9 feet/210lbs). How many of me stay comfortable inside?


These cars are big enough to hold five passenger comfortable; I can move easily inside, both as a driver as a passenger. In a five passenger situation I still have some more room move my arms, even if my legs were almost blocked.
About the trunk, we have to talk about two different models, the normal five doors hatchback, more slender and young, or the station wagon, more long and wide but more 'domestic'. The first have from 320 to 1100 litres  of capacity (11 to 39 cubic feet) while the other have from 480 t 1500 litres (17 to 53 cubic feet). Obviously we are talking about back seats up or down.



Engine - Type of fuel, cc, fuel consumption. 

There is a lot of possibility about the engine of the Ford Focus; the smallest is as usual the most eco-compatible with few emission; there is too a GPL version that help your wallet more than the mother Earth and the same about the Diesel, that come with the biggest engine size. The range go from 1.0 for petrol to 1.6 for every type of fuel (petrol, GPL and diesel) and 2.0 for one type of petrol and all the other Diesel. Only the diesel come with semi-automatic or automatic gear.

Steering - How nimble or unhandy or any other info about the movement. 

I usually like smallest cars with a good steering capacity and a quick pickup and if the  former is true for the hatchback both that and the station wagon lack a good responsiveness. You can still park easily with the smallest of the two, but the other should find a big space.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment